Plasma Desktop Scripting Question

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Aug 1 02:51:29 CEST 2010

On July 31, 2010, Jeremiah Summers wrote:
> Maybe I missed something, I have been reading through techbase and a
> few fourms and mailinglist and I haven't found any mention of being
> able to change the widgetStyle in plasma through ecma/Javascript. If
> this is at all possible (with 4.5?) would anyone know of a example
> they could point me too or maybe some more documentation that goes
> over it.

it isn't possible right now, no. not because it wouldn't be possible, but
 because the scripting simply doesn't include that.

unlike the things that the scripting covers, the widget style is a static
entry easily found in a config file and changes are picked up automatically
when made to the file, so it doesn't really benefit much from a runtime
 control.

i can understand why you would expect it to be there though, since it is
 "just another setting" more or less.

before deciding on whether ot add it or not, could you share your use case
 for this feature?

humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F
 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43