Spacing in a plasma applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Apr 30 01:04:45 CEST 2010

On April 29, 2010, Alessandro Diaferia wrote:

thanks for fwd'ing it on, Alessandro ...

> 2010/4/30 Jesús Fernández <jesusfs at gmail.com>
>
> > Hi, I'm developing an applet (plasmoid) using the python bindings.
> > I use a QGraphicsLinearLayout and I add IconWidgets to it.
> > As I'd like the applet to live either in a horizontal or vertical panel,
> > I'm checking the orientation of the parent containment to set the
> > orientation
> > of the applet's layout.
> > I'd like the IconWidgets to have zero (or the minimum) spacing between
> > them,
> > so I call setSpacing(0) on the layout.
> > This works fine when the applet is in the desktop, ie not in a panel
> > or in the plasmoidviewer, but when the applet is in a panel,
> > there's some spacing between them and I can't figure out how to remove
> > it. Can someone please give me a hint?

probably it's spacing the icons out because the size policy and/or size hint
for the plasmoid is set to "expanding". if you set the size policies to not be
expanding, then when it is put into the panel it will not take up more space,
resulting in gaps between the icons.

humru othro a kohnu se