SoC Updates -- Kontact and Skrooge Plasma Dashboards

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Apr 23 10:07:55 CEST 2010

> You might want more control over the applets than the newspaper
> containment---again, I'm not sure, but in my experience, apps with
> different use-cases, form factors, and intended plasma widgets will want

While I agree that no containment can suit all applications, if we choose the
way of implementing a different one for every app out there, we'll end up with
totally different user experiences and a lot of code duplication.

From my point of view, some containment types like the /free layout/ (plasma-
desktop), newspaper - multi-column constrained (plasma-netbook) could be
included in libplasma (or libplasma-extras :) )

> ... amarok ...

A bit offtopic. But IMO you could benefit from switching to the newspaper
containment at some point in the future* - you'd get multiple columns which is
something I'm missing atm :)

* when it becomes more... finished ;)

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard