KDE/kdeplasma-addons/applets/opendesktop

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Apr 14 16:07:35 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 15:21:09 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2010 15:09:56 Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> > SVN commit 1114766 by gladhorn:
> >
> > remove debug output for css (why is this stuff in there in the first
> > place?)
>
> It makes the text in the personal details widget adhere to the
> Plasma::Theme.

btw, I'll propose moving this into Plasma::Theme in some point, I hope to get to it
before the 4.5 freeze. We've already discussed how the API for that will look like,
and it's only a small change to code using it.

Getting a plasma-themed is useful for "hybrid applets", that use a WebView widget to
display something, maybe we can even use it to throw a plasma theme onto certain
websites. I'm using this stuff also in Lion Mail (to theme emails) and in the Crystal
desktop search applet to display the dashboard page.

One rather nice aspect is that I've hooked up a KDirWatch onto the CSS file, so you
can just edit, hit save in your editor and have the applet automatically reload the
stylesheet, yay for short code / test cycles. :)
--
sebas