Plasma-Netbook Mockups

Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Sat Apr 10 02:40:57 CEST 2010

On Friday 09 April 2010, 20:23 Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez wrote:
> In my opinion, ubuntu netbook remix has done the right job: There,
> it's pretty easy to access applications and places, and every
> application is visible in that "iconized" task manager for background
> apps, which is also the title bar for maximized apps. But it has a
> fundamental problem: is GNOME... ;-)

The problem with Ubuntu Netbook Remix is that it's just a launcher for
applications. That's it. Still: if you want that, just drop a kickoff or
lancelot menu on plasma containment and you'll have *exactly* the same thing :)
The mission here is to provide something else, that doesn't try to fit a
desktop inside a netbook.

Artur Duque de Souza
openBossa
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia