Plasma-Netbook Mockups

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Sat Apr 10 02:34:16 CEST 2010

Am Samstag 10 April 2010 00:12:00 schrieb Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz):
> But they still dropped it for the iPhone and even for the iPad ;)

Both are touch-based devices and almost everybody who these days develops GUIs
for such devices gets more than only inspiration from Apple.

> Desktops and netbooks and mobiles are different beasts and that's the whole
> point, right ?

Compare Apple's early PowerBooks (eg.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Powerbook_duo_2300c.jpg ) to a modern
netbook: No, not different at all (from a usability standpoint):
9" screen for display and keyboard + touchpad for input. If sold today,
everybody would call them netbooks.

I'm not saying that Apple has to be copied at all costs. No. I'm merely
suggesting that some conventions that were researched over years could be
adapted. That's all. :-)
And if you all say "Bah, your ideas suck. IT stone age's over.", then I'm fine
with it as well. :-) I just reply to almost every mail, because I simply don't
want to be misunderstood. :-)