Akonadi Calendar Dataengine

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Tue Apr 6 20:34:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On April 6, 2010, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
>> So would "eventsInMonth:2010-04-01" sound OK? I don't have strong
>> feelings about this.
>
> yes, that'd be cool as well, and keep it consistent with holidays.
>
> events:2010-04-02 could then return the events for just one day? would
> that make sense?

Sure, no problem. I'll finish that tonight.

>> Also is there some way to know when a data source is no longer needed? Or
>> does that only happen when the data engine is deleted?
>
> even better, it happens automatically when the source is no longer
> connected to any visualization.
My question was for the individual requests within one engine.

But even more important:
What if I get a second sourceRequestEvent() for the same source string? Do I
have to call setData() again or will the old values be returned from cache
without my intervention?

Cheers
Frederik