Feedback wanted: Improvements to current Qt Widget/style mechanism

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Apr 6 19:19:27 CEST 2010

On April 6, 2010, Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> > We came up with an architecture that uses the following concepts, that
> > are somehow independent and that we would like to hear feedback about.

each sound more or less plausible, but what are the functional requirements
for this system?

reading the various proposed methods and "reverse engineering" them, it seems
that list is something like:

* decouple logic from presentation

* scoping, so the logic and/or presentation associated with a widget can be
changed on the fly in an app depending on the scope (case given in your email
was main UI versus a config dialog)

* designer friendly

* ability to do CSS styling for QtWebkit (hooray for *proper* native widgets
in QtWebkit!)

what i didn't see was anything about animaton / state transition requirements
and what isn't in scope (e.g. "feed starving children", "improve Qt's
model/view painting with delegates").

if you can provide some more insights into the above, then i can probably
provide something closer to useful input in return :)

humru othro a kohnu se