GSoC : Multiscreen management

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Mon Apr 5 21:52:19 CEST 2010

On Sunday 04 April 2010 22:24:11 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On April 4, 2010, Detlev Casanova wrote:
> > Is the current Kephal API correct ?
>
> i haven't done a thorough API review of it myself. using it has been quite
> straightforward.

The only parts of Kephal currently in use are the Screens API and its
associated ScreenUtils helper, though.

> there are some small things missing still, though, like
> being able to get the available screen geometry using a Kephal screen id.
> right now we have to go back to KWindowSystem for that; and while it
> works, it feels a bit inconsistent to have to mix Kephal and KWindwoSystem
> calls.

I think that should be possible using Kephal's Output class.  Can you point me
to somewhere in the code where these are mixed

> > What Aike said seems ok but it has to be well documented so people don't
> > mix everything up.
>
> yes..

Note, I've just committed a fundamental reorganisation of the Kephal sources
to make the code easier to understand.  The build result is the same though.

I've started to add some API docs and notes as I work through the code and get
my head around it.

Will