Akonadi Calendar Dataengine

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Apr 5 20:50:34 CEST 2010

On April 5, 2010, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> Calendar - this one uses queries like "isHoliday:region:date" and gives

i think this is the one that should be extended. it was always the intention
to do so, in fact. :)

> For my purpose I'd rather use a date range to query calendar events.
> So I'd suggest parameters like:
> * start date (maybe like the current Calendar engine - iso: yyyy-mm-dd)
> * end date
> * optional a filter for types - this can be one of: event/todo/journal - is
> this useful?
>
> Returned would be maps with:
> start date-time, end date-time, summary, long description, location and
> type

sounds good.

> Is anyone up to changing the current calendar? It would need at least more

sure; i know that code reasonably well (not the original author, however :)
and it should be very easy to do.

> Let me know if this is desirable, which data engine to change and then I'm
> hoping for cool new todo list plasmoids and an extended calendar for the
> clock

for TODOs, see the todo runner in kdereview.

> Next step would of course be adding a service as well in order to add new
> calendar events.

yep; DataEngine::serviceForSource ftw :)

humru othro a kohnu se