GSoC : Multiscreen management

Björn Ruberg bjoern at ruberg-wegener.de
Fri Apr 2 00:09:01 CEST 2010

> I have to check the difference between "Monitor", "Screen", "Display" and
> "Head" or are those actually the same thing ?

"Monitor", "Display" and "Head" are probably the same - in Kephal they are
named as "Output". "Screen" ist actually something different. A screen can
have several outputs ordered left to right. If you have two monitors with
1600x1200 pixels beside each other, you have a screen of 3200x1200 pixels and
two outputs in it. One at position 0x0 and one at 1600x0.