Containment view

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 20:19:30 CEST 2010

As discussed earlier, I am working on the containment viewer
application, which will allow people to test-run containments in a
similar manner to the plasmoid viewer.  It already supports changing
the size of the containment, both with a hard-coded list of common
screen resolutions and the ability to change the resolution to
arbitrary values (which should be useful for things like smartphones,
which can have unusual resolutions).  The code is still fairly ugly,
but it loads, successfully displays a containment, and successfully
changes the containment's size.

The one thing that is not working is the add widgets dialog.  I get a
crash whenever I hit the add widgets buttons in the window, and the
add widgets button in the containment does nothing.  I cannot figure
out why, and was hoping I could get some help.  However, I don't know
the best way to go about getting help on this matter.  Should I attach
the crash report to an email?  Just attach the whole source code to an
email?  Put some particular snipets in the body of an email?  Meet at
some time on IRC?  Something else entirely?

Thanks for your help.

-Todd