Forecast-only weather ion

Thilo-Alexander Ginkel thilo at ginkel.com
Wed Sep 30 21:14:01 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 30 September 2009 19:20:55 Shawn Starr wrote:
> > Unfortunately, wetter.com only provides forecast data through its free
> > web service API, so the Ion actually has no access to current observation
> > data to provide to the Weather Plasmoid. AFAICS this results in some ugly
> > rendering glitches in the Plasmoid such as a large question mark document
> > being displayed instead of the current weather condition.
>
> If you omit the keys for current conditions, it should not display any
>  current condition tab at all.

That's correct.

> > Is building a Ion that does not supply observation data, but only
> > forecast data, supported? Is there a way to convince the Weather Plasmoid
> > to skip displaying the observation data (instead of displaying "N/A"
> > indicators and icons)?
>
> If you use "N/A"  the applet should ignore displaying those fields if they
> aren't even set, they shouldn't appear at all.
>
> Let me know where it is not doing this and I'll fix applet.

Currently I am sending the following data back for a weather forecast request:

QHash(("Place", QVariant(QString, "Heidelberg") ) ( "Credit Url" ,
QVariant(QString, "http://www.wetter.com") ) ( "Condition Icon" ,
QVariant(QString, "N/A") ) ( "Temperature Unit" ,  QVariant(QString, "6001") )
( "Total Weather Days" ,  QVariant(int, 4) ) ( "Credit" ,  QVariant(QString,