Applet::init()

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 30 19:36:28 CEST 2009

On September 30, 2009, David Baron wrote:
> Do ALL of it in background threads.
> Just start, set busy if need be, and exit init().
> When threads needed for applet functionality are done, reset busy and let
>  it play.

threaded is one possibility; another is to use async methods which many of our
libraries already provide.

> Let's check our init code :-)

agreed...

if there are a number of offending applets already, let's get a list of them
on techbase. otherwise, this should probably be mentioned in a plasma tutorial
on techbase.

humru othro a kohnu se