Extenders

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:20:05 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 30 September 2009, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> Having read
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/UsingExtenders I'm
> still a bit baffled as to what Extenders are.
> Am I right to believe that they are what you use when you eg. want to have
> an icon in the panel that pops up the plasmoid when clicked upon?
yes and no.
an icon in the panel that pops up the plasmoid when clicked upon is the
PopupApplet class, that pops up everything that is contained in the
qgraphicswidget returned by graphicsWidget() (or setted by setGraphicsWidget)

extenderitems are widgets with their own titlebar that can be stacked and are
contained in an Extender and can be dragged around between applet or be put
standalone.
some PopupApplets just use Extender as graphicsWidget()

--
Marco Martin