'Next wallpaper' functionality for image plugin?

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 01:10:26 CEST 2009

On September 26, 2009 11:03:37 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On September 26, 2009, Yuen Hoe Lim wrote:
> > the wallpaper plugin doesn't have control over the right-click-desktop
> > context menu, and it will be inappropriate to hack the functionality
> > into the core desktop code.
>
> that's correct; but we already have a way to add context menu items from
> applets and what not. the containment is in complete control here, and the
> containment is also what knows about the wallpaper. so it could ask the
> wallpaper if it has anything to add actions to add to the context menu.
>  should be easy to add some mechanism to the Wallpaper plugin API for this.

heck yeah. add a contextualActions function and have the default
implementation of Containment::contextualActions call it if wallpaper exists.

con: custom desktop containments might break that unintentionally
pro: custom desktop containments can intentionally stop it if they want to.

if we don't think the containment plugin should be allowed to block wallpaper
actions then just add a separate function in Containment,
wallpaperContextualActions, and have the contextmenu plugin draw from that
too. or if ContainmentActions plugins can access the containment's wallpaper
object directly we don't need a function to forward the data. :)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com