Review request: Container plasma applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 28 05:20:06 CEST 2009

On September 27, 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> i don't think good pixel alignment could be reached using just svg, no
>  matter how good the renderer is (unless we will have someday something as
>  crazy as the truetype hinting language, something that i don't see in the
>  near future, not even desiderable, probably), oxygen icons are mostly

first thought i have is that if there are different svg's for different sizes,
let's put those different svg's in a file and use them.

but i think we should stop thinking in terms of "we have 16, 22, 32, 48, 64,
128 and 256 px interfaces" that is implied in this whole thread about using
bitmaps.

we have 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ....250, 251, 252, 253,
254, 255, 256 px interfaces.

if the svg's only look good at certain multiples then we need to keep the
resizing to within those multiples.

but really, going to pixmaps is not an option for reasons that should really
be abundantly clear to anyone who has written a plasmoid.

humru othro a kohnu se