'Next wallpaper' functionality for image plugin?

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 11:51:55 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I use an image slideshow for most of my wallpapers and there's this
little bit of functionality that I'd really like to have : an easy way
to switch to the next wallpaper in the slide show (ie, change away
from the current one). I'd love to attempt a patch to allow this if
someone could point me in more or less the right direction (and if
such a functionality will be considered desirable by plasma/kde :)

I know Windows 7 has something like this - there is a 'next wallpaper
image' item in the context menu that opens when you right-click the
desktop. However, I've taken a quick look-through of the desktop
containment code and the image wallpaper plugin code, and I think this
will be difficult to achieve in plasma because, if I'm not mistaken,
the wallpaper plugin doesn't have control over the right-click-desktop
context menu, and it will be inappropriate to hack the functionality
into the core desktop code.

So I'm wondering what's the best way to insert such a functionality.
I'd really appreciate some pointers and I apologize beforehand if I'm
misunderstanding something or making a noobie mistake :)

Thanks,
--
----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe