Ayatana notifications for Plasma

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Wed Sep 23 18:59:43 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 23 September 2009 18:50:41 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:

> >> It seems you missed the "Preview" buttons in the dialog.
> >
> > No I didn't and tried it. But still it just shows that it is a different
> > style. It doesn't show anything about the different functionalities. It's
> > just a small preview it's not usage, like a Kopete notfication or a
> > Suspend notification.
>
> The KDE notification has an action, the Ayatana one does not. The
> Ayatana one also has text explaining how to play with it.
Exactly and I don't think this is obvious to the user. Yes the KDE preview
does show the action while the Notify OSD doesn't. But can you expect that the
user will notice that there won't be actions? That's what I meant with showing
a Kopete notification. You will only notice the missing action when you want to
click on it to jump to your Kopete instance. And that's something you can't
show in a preview as it is out of context, out of the workflow.

> >> My knowledge of the Kubuntu community makes me quite confident this
> >> won't happen.
> >
> > Well maybe the French community is better. But for Germany there is no
> > such thing as a translator for Kubuntu any more. Rosetta did a good job
> > on that :-(
>
> Was not talking about translations here.
Ups sorry, mixed it up :-(