Bugs in signalplotter.cpp

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 21 21:14:43 CEST 2009

On September 21, 2009, John Tapsell wrote:
> 2009/9/20 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> > Hi, not sure who's the responsible on that, blame says 73% of lines are
> > from "leonhard" but CIA says he left KDE time ago, copyright mentions
> > John so i'm mailing for John and plasma-devel (as replacement of
> > leonhard).
> >
> > In plasma/widgets/signalplotter.cpp there is code like this
>
> Bah, reason number 412 why code copying is evil.  This is a copy of an
> old version.

i can think of two approaches:

a) make KSysGuard use QGraphicsView and share the widgets directly that way
b) use a QGraphicsProxyWidget and encapsulate KSysGuard's classes that are
used in libplasma

either way, it would be very nice to see KSysGuard using the plotter classes
in libplasma (or libplasma using the same plotter classes as ksyguard, housed
somewhere else) so we can get rid of this duplication altogether.

what do you think, John?

humru othro a kohnu se