devicenotifier with qgw

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Sep 20 18:09:20 CEST 2009

On September 20, 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On September 19, 2009, Jacopo De Simoi wrote:
> > 1) we need to activate the items on hover, but with the itemBackground
> >  animation delay, hoverEvent is not good anymore to track that. I can see
> >  two solutons: -  itemBackground should send some signal when its
> > animation finishes, something like targetReached(qgi *) where the pointer
> > would be null if the target was not an item. -  itemBackground should
> > make publicly available the animation time, so that we can animate
> > accordingly fadein/fadeout in each item.
>
> i can see uses for both, really. the problem with providing an animation
>  time is that it will never be perfectly timed; what would be better is for

another thing that occurred to me just now while responding to David Placio's
email: perhaps you could create a generic listing widget for inclusion in lib
plasma and then use ItemBackground internally to make this magic work without
having to export more API for it? not sure if that would work out perfectly,
but if having such a list widget in libplasma would make this easier, let's
consider doing that.

humru othro a kohnu se