QCA2 and Remote Widgets

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 14:23:48 CEST 2009

On Sunday 06 September 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
> In data domenica 06 settembre 2009 18:47:05, Rob Scheepmaker ha scritto:
> : > On Sunday 06 September 2009 16:49:36 Dario Freddi wrote:
> : >
> > > Hello people,
> > >
> > > we do have a problem! The new remote widgets in plasma are requiring
> > > QCA2 to make things work out. The problem is that by now, QCA2 is an
> > > optional package for KDELibs, and when it is not found, there are no
> > > checks in plasma that will prevent things needing QtCrypto (the
> > > remotewidgets authorizer) from being thrown off the build.
> >
> > Oops... Somehow I was under the impressioon QCA2 was already a required
> > package.
>
> My fault as well, I did not notice that in the first place while helping
> you push the stuff :)
>
> > > Rob, is it possible at the moment to compile libplasma without
> > > QCA2/Remote Widgets? If so, please tell me how so that I can come up
> > > with a fix to this. Otherwise, we have to get through k-c-d requesting
> > > another hard dependency for KDELibs
> >
> > Compiling without Remote Widgets suppor is not yet possible at the
> > moment, but I can make sure it won't be required. All QCA related code is
> > only in one class: Credentials. I can add some cmake stuff and ifdefs to
> > make sure validSignature() always returns false and canSign always
> > returns false in case of a missing QCA. This makes sure
> > accessRemoteApplet and publish() always just plain fails.
>
> This one is a valuable option, we can spit a phat warning if QCA2 is not
> installed in the optional packages. KAuth at the moment has a similar
> behavior on linux if polkit-qt is not found.
>
> >  I should probably return no remoteApplets in
> >  AccessManager as well so we don't list zeroconf announced plasmoids in
> >  places that do that (soon the new widget explorer for example), since
> > you won't be able to connect anyways without QCA.
>
> This also would be even nicer
>
> > I'm now dealing with some personal stuff, but I'm sure I'll have the time
> > tomorrow to fix this, and make QCA2 an optional dependency for libplasma.
>
> Take your time, 4.4 is far away :) My primary concern was wheter to trigger
> a discussion on having yet another hard dependency on kdelibs. Just ping me
> back when you're done with this

It still doesn't build on my machine:
[ 94%] Building CXX object plasma/CMakeFiles/plasma.dir/package.o
In file included from /home/alex/src/kde4-svn/KDE
dir/kdelibs/plasma/package.cpp:45:
/home/alex/src/kde4-svn/KDE
dir/kdelibs/plasma/private/authorizationmanager_p.h:29:20: error: QtCrypto:
No such file or directory
In file included from /home/alex/src/kde4-svn/KDE
dir/kdelibs/plasma/package.cpp:45:
/home/alex/src/kde4-svn/KDE
dir/kdelibs/plasma/private/authorizationmanager_p.h:72: error: 'QCA' has not
been declared
/home/alex/src/kde4-svn/KDE
dir/kdelibs/plasma/private/authorizationmanager_p.h:72: error: ISO C++
forbids declaration of 'Initializer' with no type
/home/alex/src/kde4-svn/KDE
dir/kdelibs/plasma/private/authorizationmanager_p.h:72: error: expected ';'
before 'initializer'
make[2]: *** [plasma/CMakeFiles/plasma.dir/package.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [plasma/CMakeFiles/plasma.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Please add proper checks for QCA.

Alex