Replacement for knewsticker

Frank Noack fgroups at onlinehome.de
Sat Sep 19 14:36:53 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, 10. September 2009 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On September 10, 2009, Frank Noack wrote:
> > pipeline? I and many of my friend find the actual rss-readers not so good
> >  like knewsticker. No one of them works in the toolbar  and opens wiht
> > one klick the feed in a browser. :-(
>
> it's true that the News applet collapses to an icon and the RSS Now layout
>  in very small spaces isn't great. both open the feed on click, however.
>
> feel free to supply patches to improve the layouts i panels.

Ok, the click to open the feed works. That right. I had some trouble with my
use flags in gentoo :-( I hoped that one of the developers understands the
wish of a lot of users to have a vertical scrolling newsreader for the
toolbar. I, and many other users, think that this would be a killer
application. if you like to know how many user missing the knewsticker for
KDE4 search in google "kde4 knewsticker" :-)

bye Frank