Plasma wallpaper changing via D-Bus

Renan Cakirerk public at cakirerk.org
Wed Sep 16 08:33:34 CEST 2009

I'm an intern at Pardus Linux distribution and we have an application
named Kaptan which allows you to personalize the settings when Pardus
boots the first time. Kaptan allows us to change the wallpaper. But we
cannot see this change in real-time. So what I need is to call Plasma
via d-bus and tell it to change the wallpaper.

I would appreciate any assistance or advice on which file(s) I should
modify to add d-bus support for the wallpaper changing feature.
(kdebase-workspace-4.2.4/plasma/shells/desktop)?

Thanks,

Renan Cakirerk