Any easy way to add picture frame programmatically?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 15 05:53:57 CEST 2009

On September 14, 2009, Reza Shah wrote:
> Can somebody give clues?

short answer: plasma is not ready for this.

longer answer: letting external applications place content and/or widgets into
the running desktop is really asking for problems and general abuse. we
already support extensive drag and drop operations as well a (user controlled)
javascripting console. but for automatic additions from external apps, there
really needs to be some sort of security framework in place; at a minimum
plasma-desktop should check with the user that this is what they really want.

we're getting closer to that with various things we're working on (e.g. remote
widgets, signing of packages, etc) but we're not there yet.

humru othro a kohnu se