MediaCenterComponents - Picasa Engine

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 14 15:27:27 CEST 2009

On Monday 14 September 2009 15:06:35 Alessandro Diaferia wrote:
> That's great! Do we want to keep the "API" on the DataEngine's query side
>  or do we want to provide a set of inherited DataEngines such as for
>  example Plasma::MediaContentsDataEngine ? But probably that's too much.

On the one hand, it would make sense to share some common code, on the other hand,
having an abstract mediacontent engine might not be what we want (since DataEngine is
already abstract enough and should work fine). I suspect that this is something we'll
find out as we have code for more than one or two engines. That should give us a
better feeling for how much abstraction makes sense here.

sebas