MediaCenterComponents - Picasa Engine

Alessandro Diaferia alediaferia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 16:49:01 CEST 2009

2009/9/12 Francesco Grieco <fgrieco at gmail.com>

> Hi!
>
> I wrote a Plasma::DataEngine for Picasa.
> It is based on YouTube Engine and Kipi Plugins.
> I think it can be very useful for MediaCenterComponents
> or for some others things :=)
>
> It is possible to query Picasa in two ways:
>
> 1) album/user at gmail.com:yourpassword
>     returns a list of the user's albums (public without password and
> public/private with password)
>     with the associated informations
>
> 2) photo/albumid/user at gmail.com:yourpassword
>     returns a list of the album's photos with the associated informations
>
> I can add a generic search function if necessary.
>
> Hope it can be included in KDE :D
>
> git repository: git://github.com/f0x/PicasaEngine.git
> tar: http://github.com/f0x/PicasaEngine/tarball/master
>

> Best regards,
> Francesco Grieco
>
> P.S.: please CC me in the reply since i'm not subscribed to the list

I've had a look at the code and I feel it can be merged into
MediaCenterComponents since I plan to provide models to navigate through
webservices like picasa, youtube and so on. As from what i've achieved with
mediacenter there's already a good api to start writing a model for both the
youtube engine and this one.

Any objection? Suggestions from the kde-silk team?

Regards
--
Alessandro Diaferia
KDE Developer