Stylesheets and plasma widgets

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 10 21:29:09 CEST 2009

On September 10, 2009, alanm wrote:
> I have a plasmoid (in Python) which uses Plasma.ToolButton widgets.  I
>  would like to allow the user to override the default style (taken from the
>  plasma theme) of the buttons (for instance, to change font/size/colors).

why?

>  - First, I find that if I give the button a stylesheet using
>  setStyleSheet(), the style sheet in use is totally blown away.  Is there

yes; that's due to how it works in Qt (which is "not overly well").
stylesheets are orthogonal to the svg styles we currently use, so we fall back
to what Qt can provide when it comes to style sheets. you are then within the
limitations of Qt at that point.

>  - Second, if I must override the entire style sheet for the button, how do
>  I set the hover style of the button?

what exactly are you trying to achieve?

humru othro a kohnu se