KNotificationItem specification - first draft

Jon A. Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Mon Sep 7 19:21:50 CEST 2009

On Sep 7, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Marco Martin wrote:

> At the moment, (should make it more clear in the spec) is ARGB and
> is not
> designed to be network transparent, so the endian should be the same
> of the
> machine for both the client and the server

I'd say this point was a HUGE red flag.

For commercial app development (and here at home too) I've had to
support remote X11 between different architectures. Especially since
Mac's are officially UNIX(tm) one does not even have to install Linux
on a mac to take advantage of this (although I often do).