message-indicator plasmoid in kdereview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Sep 4 19:49:38 CEST 2009

On September 4, 2009, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I've put the message indicator plasmoid by Aurelien Gateau into
> kdereview, please take a look and let us know if it's suitable for
> inclusion into kdeplasma-addons.

tell me why i should be interested in an inferior NIH-driven implementation by
one downstream that has been implemented with zero upstream collaboration.

what this does show me is that there is ~0 understanding of what we've been
working on with the new system tray specification.

it also makes me feel like there is a core belief within Canonical's Ayatana
team that it's completely cool to design in a closed environment with eyes and
ears such to other aroudn you. maybe if you keep hammering us with patches
we'll eventually give in? :/

you are completely free to do as you wish. that's the beauty of free software,
and i respect that.

but i feel you are going about it completely wrong. enjoy maintaining your
fork. at least we designed plasma to be able to accommodate such approaches
with minimal pain, right?

humru othro a kohnu se