Review Request: Add a tooltip to battery monitor applet

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 00:49:29 CET 2009

> > On 2009-10-29 20:55:56, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> > > trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/generic/applets/battery/battery.cpp,
> > > line 1123
> > > <http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/2010/diff/1/?file=13515#file13515line1123
> > >>

> > >     we don't show time remaining; it's a bogus number.

percentages are the bogus number :P it's like giving a latitude and longitude
instead of a street address.

> I had not read the "battery plasmoid and remaining time.." thread on
>  plasma-devel and I must say that I'm disappointed :(
>
> I have two laptops, one with ~1h battery time and the other ~4h. How is the
>  user supposed to estimate the remaining time when 10% might mean 6 or 24
>  minutes depending on the computer. The computer estimated times on my
>  laptops are _way_ better than what I could ever estimate.
>
> I would have thought that a tool-tip containing "Estimated" would have been
>  a good enough compromise.
>
> If I want a battery applet that shows the _estimated_ remaining time
>  without needing to edit a configuration file, that is by the way very hard
>  to find and edit, should I make another one in another place?

I'd be happy to see such a plasmoid show up in playground. it could be a good
place to test other time-estimation methods too, if anyone's still interested
in doing that.
you'd have to maintain this fork, though, if the aaron-approved battery
plasmoid gets changed.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com