How to get Akonadi notes onto Plasma?

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 20:08:13 CET 2009

On 30/10-2009 19:10 "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On October 30, 2009, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > would prefer to only show the actual notes in the stack on click so they
> > could be dragged elsewhere. Obviously the background svg of it should not
> >  be as it is, or the size it currently is. Additionally I need to give
> > some visual indication of colour in the notes, either the notes
> > themselves being a different colour, or having a strip of a colour that
> > can be set etc.
>
> these are all doable; i just wonder if it's the best we can do for a UI.
>  i'm not getting any inspired thoughts right now (too early in the day
>  still, i think :) but maybe if i think on it or if someone else comes up
>  with a great idea we could device a nicer more plasma approach to showing
>  stacks of notes.
>
> > Would having one master applet and each note as a satellite applet work?
>
> it would probably fail in some situations or just be more difficult than
> necessary to get working properly. when the notes are separated by the user
> into individual pieces, they should probably just become individual
>  applets.

Just from the top of my head without thinking about how it should be
implemented. (it's difficult for me to explain in English in any way :)

I see a stack of notes - like a deck of cards - as the main widget. Each note
is slightly askewed and has a tool tip showing it's title. You can drag a note
out of the stack (deck) and put it elsewhere on the desktop and you can put a
disconnected note back in the deck. You should also be able to somehow flip
through all the notes.

I think what I'm saying is basically what Stephen wrote.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

  Thomas Olsen