How to get Akonadi notes onto Plasma?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 22 20:19:38 CEST 2009

On October 22, 2009, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> In Akonadi I just create an EntityTreeModel which has api for all of that
> stuff. If I can forward those calls to plasma somehow, that would be good,
> but I need a starting point. Do I create my model in a Applet, or a Data
> Engine etc?

you're actually asking two different sets of questions here:

* how do you get to the data

* how do you display the data

i think in this case, maybe start with the intended user experience. i'm not
sure what you are actually envisioning for the user experience. e.g.:

should notes appear automatically on your desktop / panel when they appear in
Akonadi, so if i add a note in Kontact it would appear somewhere on my desktop
as well?

should notes be individual widgets, or should they be grouped?

should only notes created by the user in plasma-desktop be shown on plasma-
desktop? or only notes tagged in some way?

is this meant to be  replacement / augmentation for the current notes
plasmoid, or something quite different?

humru othro a kohnu se