Mini Usability Testing Ideas?

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 05:03:20 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I would like to plan another community-based usability test similar to
> the one I did for Amarok last spring [1]. This time, I am trying to
> involve my university's LUG and will have access to a usability lab.
> Depending on how well I can organize this new group, we would like to
> try a test later this year (end of November/beg Dec) or early next
> year (~ Feb).
>
> I am looking for ideas of small tasks or processes we could test, such
> as the playlist editing task we did for Amarok. Any ideas are welcome!

I have no idea how long usability testing takes.....

Some of the configuration modules could benefit from this, such as the
Hardware, Action Editor ( 4.4 version is quite different to 4.3
version ), Audio CD or CDDB retrieval modules for instance. I don't
know if anything System Settings itself could be done in 20 minutes
though, but it could also be a candidate for testing ( either the
layout, or general concept of how everything is laid out ).