Plasmoid activation signal

Matteo Agostinelli agostinelli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:48:41 CEST 2009

Hello,

recently I've been request to add a new feature on my qalculator
plasmoid: to automatically give focue to the input line edit when the
plasmoid is activated. By "activated" I mean:
1) the user clicks on the plasmoid icon in the taskbar (since it is a
PopupApplet)
2) the user clicks anywhere on the widget
3) the user opens the plasmoid via the keyboard shortcut

So my question is if there already is a signal that is emitted when
either of the previously stated action is triggered. Or should I
override some protected method (in that case, please give me a hint).
A possible candidate seems this signal: void newStatus
(Plasma::ItemStatus status)
but this has been introduced in 4.4 and I would like to make this work
also in 4.3 if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Matteo