activities overview, take N

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Tue Oct 13 19:41:52 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag 13 Oktober 2009 19:31:45 schrieb Marco Martin:
> > > a generic "trigger kwin effect" plasmoid should almost be a Junior Job
> > > :)
> >
> > yeah :)
>
> both that and modifying kwin to gve it all the necessary atoms to activate
>  all the needed effects :)
Just give us a list which effects should be activated by a plasmoid and we can
add the atoms (which is everything except generic :-P)

I think it makes sense for:
 * present windows (atom already there for netbook shell)
 * desktop grid
 * cube
 * tabbox effects (requires some changes to get them working without alt+tab)
 * zoom effects?

Instead of using atoms we could also extend the dbus interface to have a
really generic interface. Don't know if that's a good idea...