activities overview, take N

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 02:40:52 CEST 2009

> > > * a "New Activity" tab would appear Active and Stored and would allow
> > > you to create a new activity, including picking what kind of activity
> > > and optionally what other activity you would like to clone
> >
> > interesting. I ended up going with the "don't force any decisions, just
> >  create the damn thing and they can configure it later" approach. do you
> >  think it's better to offer options at creation time?
> >
> > as for cloning... I have, for quite a while now, secretly wanted a
> > "clone" option for any applet. mostly for the notes plasmoid and for
> > containments. can we get cloning implemented in Applet so it's available
> > for applets not just containments? :)
>
> i think that's a not bad idea, wonder how to do the ui, just another
>  context menu entry?

well, I was secretly hoping it could be another button on the applethandle ;)
but a contextmenu entry would work for me. depends on how likely people are to
use it... some things you never clone (systray), some things it's really
useful (notes), some things it might be useful mainly for getting all your
activities set up (clocks!)

hmm... if you clone a containment, do you clone its applets too? :)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com