New devicenotifier moved to kdereview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 6 22:17:02 CEST 2009

On October 6, 2009, Giulio Camuffo wrote:
> in my opinion the applet should show all the devices, fixed or not, fstab
>  or not. i tried with the solidengine, but it doesn't show the other
>  devices too. i think anyway a better approach would be to add an action
>  file for them, and add a property in the DeviceItem to set if they are
>  (un)mountable

hm.. this not work so nicely ...

i can't find a way to combine StorageDrive and StorageVolume (so as to ask
"what is not hotpluggable but is a file system?") and "[
StorageAccess.accessible == true AND [ StorageVolume.usage == 'FileSystem' OR
StorageVolume.usage == 'Encrypted' ] ]" won't work in the case of the volume
becoming mounted later on.

i think we may end up needing to ask Solid directly or do multiple Solid-
specific round trips through soliddevice to get:

* the list of non-hotpluggable devices
* start watching their udi's for availability changes

so much for simplicity :/

humru othro a kohnu se