New devicenotifier moved to kdereview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 6 20:16:23 CEST 2009

On October 6, 2009, Giulio Camuffo wrote:
> or do you mean it doesn't show your / or /home? unfortunately the
>  dataengines don't manage volumes handles by fstab, but only by hal

it doesn't show either of my disk partitions or the internal disk either. i
don't expect fstab style handling, but i was surprised to see that my fixed
hard disk didn't show up when i selected that option. the only reason i could
imagine is that those volumes are not user mountable.

looking at the code it does indeed use the hotplug engine for this and it only
shows devices for which there are action files. obviously there are no action
files for the internal hard disk ;)

so ... should we add an action file for fixed disks or should the notifier
widget look into the soliddevice engine, or...? it's hard for me to say
without knowing what the intended use of that feature is.

humru othro a kohnu se