Declarative UI integration v0.2

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 17:20:28 CEST 2009

On October 2, 2009 01:21:01 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Friday 02 October 2009, Alan Alpert wrote:

> > > that means being aware at least of the location and formfactor
> >
> > Is this just size/sizeHints? Because if so we might be able to implement
> > those by just setting the PlasmaQmlView size - this could propagate to
> > the root item and you can design your applet with bindings to this size.
>
> the constraintevent is a virtual that in applets can be reimplemented to
> manage a bunch of events at once, out of my mind are:
> -size
> -formfactor: is it planar (desktop) vertical or horizontal?(panels)
> -location: in desktop, top, bottom, left...
> -immutability: desktop locked/unlocked
> those are the most important, i'm forgetting something?

enum Constraint {
    NoConstraint = 0,
    /** The FormFactor for an object */
    FormFactorConstraint = 1,·
    /** The Location of an object */
    LocationConstraint = 2,
    /** Which screen an object is on */·
    ScreenConstraint = 4,
    /** the size of the applet was changed */
    SizeConstraint = 8,
    /** the immutability (locked) nature of the applet changed  */
    ImmutableConstraint = 16,·
    /** application startup has completed */
    StartupCompletedConstraint = 32,·
    /** the desktop context has changed */
    ContextConstraint = 64,
    /** the position of the popup needs to be recalculated*/
    PopupConstraint = 128,
    AllConstraints = FormFactorConstraint | LocationConstraint |
ScreenConstraint |
    SizeConstraint | ImmutableConstraint | ContextConstraint | PopupConstraint
};

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com