Misleading (Nonsense) message in kdeplasma-addons/plasma_runner_converterrunner.po

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Nov 30 23:32:25 CET 2009

Hi translators,

Frederik Schwarzer noticed a misleading/nonsense msssage in this file:
kdeplasma-addons/plasma_runner_converterrunner.po
#: converterrunner.cpp:137
msgid ""
"Converts the value of :q: when :q: is made up of \"value unit [>, to, as, "
"in] value\". You can use the Unit converter applet to find all available "
"units."
\"value unit [>, to, as, in] value\" has to be changed aparently to something
like  \"value unit1 [>, to, as, in] unit2\".

Frederik reported this issue to plasma-devel at kde.org and got this answer:
"unfortunately we're in string freeze, but i'll fix this locally and commit as
soon as it 4.5 opens up."

I've checked all existings 9 translations of this string and all of them seem
to be wrong (I'm not 100% sure about uk and ja).

How to deal with that?

1) Leave the string unchanged and this mail as a remainder for the teams how
to translate this properly

2) Change the source string

I'll prefer solution 2) cause every team has to check and correct the string
after reading this mail anyway.

--
Burkhard Lück