System tray notification

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 22:07:22 CET 2009

On November 30, 2009 12:22:58 Andras Mantia wrote:
> Andreas Marschke wrote:
> > AFAIK the notifications do have a clickable cross in the upper corner and
> > a dragable title bar so basically no worries right?
>
> Happy clicking on them. :) Obviously that doesn't work if you have
> notifications for mail folder or RSS feeds with fairly high traffic. You
> would end up clicking on X a lot. I know, I tried. ;)
>  Now I'm compiling the latest version to test Marco's commit, thanks for
>  it.

not only that, the X is a tiny target. I used to be able to just slap them
away by clicking anywhere... now, honestly, I've given up. I just sit and wait
for 5-10 seconds and do nothing until the half-screen of notifications chooses
to go away.

of course, another problem to address here is that a lot of those notifications
shouldn't have existed in the first place. every time I open a link I seem to
get a bunch of spurious notifications... and thanks to the placement of my
systray they appear right over the beginning of the web page I'm trying to
view. :/

I'll be very happy when one day I can set my status to 'busy' (or switch to a
school activity and have it set for me) and have all the normal-priority
notifications (ie, everything except battery warnings) not pop up.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com