is libAttica really required?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Nov 27 12:17:13 CET 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 09:03:32 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I've just stumbled over kdeplasma-addons not building. Apparently its
> the ocs-dataengine that fails because I don't have libattica here. I'm
> just wondering wether that one can be made optional? So far other places
> in trunk using libattica (khns3's upload facility) are optional...

I think it can be made optional. The problem is that the engine is a runtime
dependency of the knowledgebase and opendesktop applets, those will simply not work
if the engine can't be loaded. I'm not sure how we deal with this kind of stuff (or
if we just require packages to figure this out).

--
sebas