mouse plugins config

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 00:49:36 CET 2009

> does the text at the bottom appear only when one of the trigger buttons is
> pressed? perhaps showing a tooltip on the button in question when it is
> pressed might work nicer (so that one doesn't have to look to the bottom of
> the edit area)?
>
> perhaps a "Click to change action trigger" tooltip when the button isn't
> pressed, and then show "Press a combination of mouse buttons, scroll
>  wheels, Control, Alt and/or Meta keys that should trigger this action"
>  tooltip when it is pressed?

tried this... not sure if I like it.
1) the tooltip on every unpressed button might get annoying.. and I'll want
different text on the one at the bottom, which is a bit inconvenient. maybe
I'll go with no tooltip until it's clicked.
2) when I click the button, the tooltip unshows, right when the user is likely
to need it most. it shows up again if I move the mouse a few pixels, but is
there a way to manually show it?

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com