mouse plugins config

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:09:34 CET 2009

On November 23, 2009 10:17:02 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On November 23, 2009, Hans Chen wrote:
> > Amarok -
> > http://images.maketecheasier.com/2008/12/amarok-dynamic-playlist.jpg
> > Dolphin search -
> > http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zDPqioLuxns/Sv6j1Y548ZI/AAAAAAAAAHg/XLSyabEI33w
> >/s 1600-h/searching0.png
>
> honestly, while i understand why it was done like that in dolphin search
>  (to line up with the '+'), i think putting the remove on the left is
>  incorrect in these cases. 'remove' is neither the useful bit of
>  information on the line nor is it the first thing you consider doing (one
>  first reads what the line means)
>
> the amarok example is really even more random. the -/+ floats centered
> vertically and not aligned with anything else and while there is a 'x' on
>  the top right, the -/+ icons are on the left.
>
> imho, those interfaces should be fixed rather than spread the misfeatures
>  to this dialog

agreed.

> > I suggest that you
> > 1. Resize the width of the buttons (configure, about, remove) to be
> > consistent with other dialogs, see "All Effects" in "Desktop Effects"
> >  module for example
>
> +1, though that may or may not be easy depending on the widget and layout.

*how*?
iirc I had to use a qtoolbutton instead of a qpushbutton to get it to look
decent without text; I'd *like* a bit more padding around the icon but I dunno
how to get it without hardcoding sizes (which I will not do).

> > 2. Change actions/edit-delete.png icon to actions/list-remove.png for
> >  remove button
>
> +1

I don't understand why everyone likes that red dash. I've always thought the
red x communicated more clearly that this is a destructive action.
I'll change it if you want, though.

> > 3. Move remove buttons to the left-most
>
> when is "remove" ever left-most?
>
> > 4. Not sure about this; make "Add Trigger" button fill two cells of the
> > layout, below a remove button and trigger button ("Right-Button" in your
> > screenshoot)
>
> not sure that'd look so hot ...

with the remove button staying on the left, it's a non-issue :)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com