Solidrunner moved to kdereview

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 19:33:57 CET 2009

I've just moved a the solidrunner to  kdereview, for inclusion in 4.4 in kde-plasma-addons or kdebase; I'm actually not quite sure on that.

The runner is conceived as an alternative to the device notifier, combining the same
capabilities (although the actions support is still lacking for the default interface in krunner,
I've already a working draft in local which will soon be posted to the reviewboard) with
the usual keyboard-oriented way of dealing with stuff which is peculiar to krunner.

The runner features three syntaxes:

device: show all devices
mount: show all devices that can be mounted
unmount: show alll devices that can be unmounted

Since i believe that people using krunner are more CLI-oriented than the average, the default action is mount/unmount/eject; actions provided by solid actions will are exposed as actions;

It is also a perfect candidate for the single runner query mode (right now the relevant part has been commented to allow compilation);

Please let me know of any issues that you find
Thanks a lot

  --J