Kubuntu patches to plasma in kdelibs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Nov 12 21:30:06 CET 2009

On November 12, 2009, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Kubuntu has a couple of patches to plasma in kdelibs, here's a quick
> review in the interests of distro/upstream hugs.
>
> kubuntu_19_no_indent_kickoff_subtext.diff Removes the text intentation
> from kickoff and elsewhere, it was added on Celeste's advice.  I'm
> pretty sure it's been discussed here before so no need to start a long
> thread :)

probably hasn't been discussed since the threads about whether or not to paint
all subtitles all the time or only on hover, actually. the indent could
probably be done away with at this point now that that issue is firmly put to
bed.

> kubuntu_68_remove_applet_confirmation.diff I'm not sure where it came
> from but it allows the option to need a confirmation before removing
> a plasma widget.  We don't turn this on by default and it includes the
> word "hack" written in capital letters so I'm not terribly keen on
> keeping it, but it seems like a not unreasonable idea in general if a
> UI was added.

it should also be checking for

containment()->containmentType() != Containment::CustomPanelContainment

personally, i'm not a fan of "are you sure, yes, yes?" dialogs everywhere.
that it doesn't work everywhere is a deal breaker, but even then removing
widgets by accident doesn't seem to be a huge problem "in the wild". i'd
prefer to see the ability save/restore specific layouts as a more interesting
solution to these kinds of potential issues.

humru othro a kohnu se