Network Management Plasmoid TODOs

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Nov 9 14:06:40 CET 2009

Hey,

Status update...

On Friday 06 November 2009 19:00:54 Will Stephenson wrote:
> Off the top of my head:
>
> * Check that RemoteVpnConnectionitem and
> RemoteHiddenWirelessNetworkConnectionitem are complete (service side)
> * Implement these including Disconnect button
> * Design the Plasma side graphicsitem family for minimum code duplication
> * Tooltips

Should both be OK, modulo some smallish fixes that will creep in.

> * Make main interface (not popup) able to show connecting, connected, VPN
> active states

Which main interface are you talking about?

> * A plasma-esque way to show the list of all wireless networks (not in the
> main popup, so this doesn't explode out of the screen). KNetworkManager
>  uses a regular KDialog for this

Again, what exactly do you mean?

> * (Optional) icon per interface support
> * The service needs either properly kded-modulizing or splitting out into a
> separate process like kwalletd
>
> I'm sure we'll come up more in the meeting starting NOW in #plasma

Over the weekend, I've done the following:

- removed SVGs, use KIcon all over
- fix up tooltips and interface item's title
- less code duplication, new class UiUtils (in libs/ui now)

Next to tackle:
1 connection progress in the panel icon
2 buglet in sorting connection list, an interface that is connecting should be more
  important than an inactive one
3 layouting bug where the activatablelist overflows its scrollwidget (looks like a
  parenting problem)
4 I'm asked more than once for the connection's password, I think knetworkmanager has
  the same problem

I'd appreciate if someone could look into the latter two (3 and 4), I've been banging
my head against the layoutwall enough already.

Note that I can't test VPN or mobile broadband stuff. If nobody can do that, we
should disable it before the release.

sebas