Kickoff's search and Recent Applications list

Qwerty Maniac qwertymaniac at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:24:48 CET 2009

Hello,

This is more of a clarify-things-before-patch mail.

I noticed that the applications (services) launched from the search
results of Kickoff do not register into the Recent Applications list.

I felt this need cause it saves me from typing the query again (doable
with mouse entirely) when I want to re-launch the app, or launch
another instance. I found no bug/wishlist entry on this.

This is what I want to know: Is this a design decision? - To not show
searched-and-launched applications in the recent menu of Kickoff?

I've already written a patch to cover this 'issue' and will submit it
to the reviewboard if this isn't a design decision. Waiting for
answers :)

--
Harsh J
Weblog: www.harshj.com