Firefox Bookmark runner

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 22:49:04 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Jan Gerrit Marker
<jangmarker at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> today I moved a runner called "Firefox Bookmarks" to playground. This runner
> allows you to search through the bookmarks of the default Firefox profile. In
> order to get enough time to add it to KDE 4.4 I want to add it to the feature
> plan.
> Is the runner ok?
> Is it ok, if I add it to the feature plan (or maybe someone adds it for me,
> because I haven't got a techbase account, yet?)?

Hello!

I have some questions about the runner. It seems to access to firefox
places sqlite database. What happens if (much likely if you use this
runner) firefox is running and thus also connected to the sqlite
database, can't the database get corrupted? AFAIK sqlite does not run
as external server process to which the applications can connect to,
so both the runner and firefox would be accessing to the database at
the same time, and that seems to ask for data corruption. I might be
talking shit because I don't much about sqlite, so please enlighten
me.

If this way of accessing to firefox bookmarks is viable, I wonder if
this also allows us to modify the database. I'm implementing new
konqueror bookmarks using akonadi, and if the answer is yes we could
sync konqueror and firefox bookmarks this way.

Thanks for your time,
    Eduardo Robles Elvira.